- Jokers Wild
- Nightcrawler (2014) vs. Zodiac (2007)
- Gone Girl (2014) vs. Gone Baby Gone (2007)
- Fargo vs. True Detective
- Foxcatcher (2014) vs. Win Win (2011)
- Breaking Bad vs. The Sopranos
- Team Smack Goes Sidewise
- The Fault In Our Stars (2014) vs. The Spectacular Now (2013)
- (Super) Men of Steel
- The Drop: What’s New in Theaters, Disc and Digital?
- Her (2013) vs. Lost in Translation (2003)
- American Hustle (2013) vs. The Informant (2009)
- The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008) -vs- The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951) on
- Hairspray (2007) -vs- Hairspray (1988) on
- The Bourne Legacy (2012) -vs- The Bourne Identity (2002) on
- Jokers Wild on
- Deep Impact (1998) -vs- Armageddon (1998) on
- The Dark Knight (2008) -vs- Batman (1989) on
- Breaking Bad vs. The Sopranos on
- Without Limits (1998) -vs- Prefontaine (1997) on
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) -vs- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009) on
- Predators (2010) -vs- Predator (1987) on
Author Archives: Art Tiersky
“All you need for a film is a girl and a gun.”
– Jean-Luc Godard
Well, and film, I reckon, but Jean-Luc’s point is well taken, and this Smackdown brings us two movies that attempt to put it to the test.
In this corner, a comely mixed martial arts champion making her screen acting debut.
And in this corner…Screw it, you know her already.
Ding! Continue reading