- Nightcrawler (2014) vs. Zodiac (2007)
- Gone Girl (2014) vs. Gone Baby Gone (2007)
- Fargo vs. True Detective
- Foxcatcher (2014) vs. Win Win (2011)
- Breaking Bad vs. The Sopranos
- Team Smack Goes Sidewise
- The Fault In Our Stars (2014) vs. The Spectacular Now (2013)
- (Super) Men of Steel
- The Drop: What’s New in Theaters, Disc and Digital?
- Her (2013) vs. Lost in Translation (2003)
- American Hustle (2013) vs. The Informant (2009)
- Dallas Buyers Club (2013) vs. Philadelphia (1993)
- Surrounded by Enemies: What if Kennedy Survived Dallas? (2013) vs. 11/22/63: A Novel (2012) on
- The Smurfs (2011) -vs- The Muppet Movie (1979) on
- Deep Impact (1998) -vs- Armageddon (1998) on
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (2011) -vs- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) on
- In Time (2011) -vs- Logan’s Run (1976) on
- The Thing (2011) -vs- The Thing (1982) on
- Our Idiot Brother (2011) -vs- Step Brothers (2008) on
- Hairspray (2007) -vs- Hairspray (1988) on
- Looper (2012) -vs- Source Code (2011) on
- Wyatt Earp (1994) -vs- Tombstone (1993) on
Author Archives: Art Tiersky
“All you need for a film is a girl and a gun.”
– Jean-Luc Godard
Well, and film, I reckon, but Jean-Luc’s point is well taken, and this Smackdown brings us two movies that attempt to put it to the test.
In this corner, a comely mixed martial arts champion making her screen acting debut.
And in this corner…Screw it, you know her already.
Ding! Continue reading