- Jokers Wild
- Nightcrawler (2014) vs. Zodiac (2007)
- Gone Girl (2014) vs. Gone Baby Gone (2007)
- Fargo vs. True Detective
- Foxcatcher (2014) vs. Win Win (2011)
- Breaking Bad vs. The Sopranos
- Team Smack Goes Sidewise
- The Fault In Our Stars (2014) vs. The Spectacular Now (2013)
- (Super) Men of Steel
- The Drop: What’s New in Theaters, Disc and Digital?
- Her (2013) vs. Lost in Translation (2003)
- American Hustle (2013) vs. The Informant (2009)
- The Silence of the Lambs (1991) -vs- Psycho (1960) on
- Friends With Benefits (2011) -vs- No Strings Attached (2011) on
- True Grit (2010) -vs- True Grit (1969) on
- Wyatt Earp (1994) -vs- Tombstone (1993) on
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) -vs- Forrest Gump (1994) on
- Hairspray (2007) -vs- Hairspray (1988) on
- The Conspirator (2011) -vs- JFK (1991) on
- (Super) Men of Steel on
- Zookeeper (2011) -vs- Dr. Dolittle (1998) on
- Pirate Radio (2009) -vs- Love Actually (2003) on
Tag Archives: Web
We’ve know it’s coming all year — a super heavyweight championship — and now it’s finally here in the beat-down heat of summer.
Fresh off the super-fan orgy at San Diego Comic-Con, we have the Sony 3D reboot of The Amazing Spider-Man against the third and final installment of Warner Bros.’ The Dark Knight Rises (July 20).
It’s Ali and Frazier. Well, technically, it’s DC and Marvel and Sony and Warner Bros. Oh, and Batman and Spider-Man.
These two awesome franchises — both successful with critics and hugely so at the box office — mean to fight it out in the cool, air-conditioned movie palaces of our globally warmed summer. Continue reading
What a difference a decade makes. Why, in that period of time, it’s possible to forget you’ve ever seen a specific movie, almost like it never existed.
Well, no, it’s not like that all, of course. Those of us over the age of thirteen do clearly remember the blockbuster films we saw just ten years ago. The question Columbia Pictures seems to be asking with the release of The Amazing Spider-Man is whether or not it matters. Continue reading