- Team Smack Goes Sidewise
- The Fault In Our Stars (2014) vs. The Spectacular Now (2013)
- The Drop: What’s New in Theaters, Disc and Digital? 3-7-14
- Her (2013) vs. Lost in Translation (2003)
- Saving Mr. Banks (2013) vs. Finding Neverland (2004)
- American Hustle (2013) vs. The Informant (2009)
- Dallas Buyers Club (2013) vs. Philadelphia (1993)
- All is Lost (2013) vs. Gravity (2013)
- Surrounded by Enemies: What if Kennedy Survived Dallas? (2013) vs. 11/22/63: A Novel (2012)
- 12 Years a Slave (2013) vs. Django Unchained (2012)
- Captain Phillips (2013) vs. United 93 (2006)
- The Drop: What’s New in Theaters, Disc and Digital? 10-4-13
- Scott Wiliams on 3:10 to Yuma (2007) -vs- Unforgiven (1992)
- Wonder Boys - The Autodidact in the Attic on Smart People (2008) -vs- Wonder Boys (2000)
- Poze on Gone Baby Gone (2007) -vs- Mystic River (2003)
- Jan M Berkowitz on Albert Nobbs: A Cross-Dressing Downton Abbey
- feminized cannabis seeds on Savages (2012) -vs- Scarface (1983)
- www.amazon.com on Santa’s 2007 Movie Smackdown!
- Poze on Australia (2008) -vs- Moulin Rouge! (2001)
- Landlords Insurance With Legal Cover on Micmacs (2009) -vs- A Very Long Engagement (2004)
- Mackenzie on The Drop: What’s New in Theaters, Disc and Digital?
- Cassie on Cowboys & Aliens (2011) -vs- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
Tag Archives: Michael Shannon
In honor of the recently completed Olympics, the Smack has expanded its competition facilities. That’s because today’s contest is better suited to the track than the ring; the two opposing films feature professional bicycle riders as lead characters.
In Lane 1 we have Premium Rush, an action/thriller starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt as an intense bike messenger racing through Manhattan to thwart the machinations of a corrupt cop. In Lane 2 is Quicksilver, starring Kevin Bacon as an intense bike messenger racing through San Francisco in a drama that sees him get mixed up with a troubled young female colleague, a fellow messenger with financial problems, and a homicidal customer.
These bikes look awfully similar at first glance, so watch our contestants closely. Racers, take your marks… Continue reading